This page has been translated into Spanish by Google Translate. Franchino Seguro is not responsible for the translation.
HVACR NJ License Information and Bond Information & Purchase
NEW JERSEY, NJ, HEATING, COOLING, VENTILATING, REFRIGERATION CONTRACTORS need a $3,000 surety license bond for new applicants and for renewal of the HVACR license.
Purchase a bond from this agency for your HVACR license. Bond term: Effective from the date received. — Expiration date of June 30, 2018. The term of the bond coincides with the two (2) year license.
The cost of this bond from this agency is $50 for the two year term. The bond must be mailed to you since it has an original seal on it. It cannot be emailed or faxed.
This bond is required by the NJ Board Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Contractors. It’s intention is to protect the public and requires the HVACR contractor to follow the rules of the board. Example: If a HVACR contractor fails to perform a job, the customer complains to the board, and the contractor fails to make good, the NJ Board of HVACR Contractors will require that the bonding company providing the surety bond pay to the customer up to $3,000 to make good. The surety (bonding) company can then go after the contractor to get back the money paid out.
Who needs insurance and who needs a bond?
- The bond is necessary to hold a Master HVACR Contractor License. All license holders need a bond.
- The bond is issued in the license holder’s personal name (not the business name).
- General liability is mandatory for all HVACR licensed contractors who intend to serve the public (be in business).
- If you are an employee of an HVACR business you do not need your own general liability insurance, however if you do “side work” then you will need general liability insurance. “Side work” is owning a business.
- All HVACR businesses need general liability insurance. The licensed holder does not need the general liability insurance – the business does. The insurance policy is written in the name of the business. The bond is in the license holder’s name.
- An HVACR business must have a designated licensed HVACR holder. This person is called a Bonafide representative. It is the responsibility for the bonafide representative to make sure that the business has general liability insurance of at least $500,000.
How we issue the bond.
- Bonds are processed and mailed within three (3) business days by an employee of FRANCHINO INSURANCE, not a computer
- Within 1-2 business days of your submission of the bond we will email you the bond number and appropriate information that you will need to complete your online renewal with teh NJ HVACR Board.
- Bond numbers will NOT be provided over the phone. Bonds cannot be faxed because they have a seal on it identifying it as an original.
- This agency issues a new bond number for every renewal cycle. You cannot use your existing bond number for the online license renewal. Wait for your new bond number.
PURCHASE A MASTER HVACR BOND
GET AN EXACT QUOTATION FOR YOUR BUSINESS
COMPLETE AN ONLINE HEATING, VENTILATION and AIR CONDITIONING (HVAC) CONTRACTOR SURVEY FORM – This agency wants to write your business insurance!
- APPLY FOR AN HVACR LICENSE – NJ Div. of Consumer Affairs HVACR Board website application page
- A test is available for new applicants
- PSI will be administering the exam at various sites throughout the state. The test will be taken on a computer with results upon completion of the test.
- The grandfathering period ended August 31st 2014 to become a Master HVACR contractor without taking a test.
Learn – Education
- Link to Plumbing, Heating, Cooling Contractors Association
- Consider Dan O’Gorman for your educational training courses. Visit his website DAN O’GORMAN TRAINING