This page has been translated into Spanish by Google Translate. Franchino Seguro is not responsible for the translation.
New Jersey Alarm Contractor Bond Information
New Jersey, NJ FIRE, BURGLAR, ALARM OR LOCKSMITH contractors need a TEN THOUSAND ($10,000.) surety bond (cannot be higher or lower) to obtain or renew their license with the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs. The cost of the bond from this agency is $75. (SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS) per three year term.
This bond is required by the NJ Board of Electrical Contractors, Fire Alarm, Burglar Alarm & Locksmith Advisory Committee. The principal must perform the duties prescribed for alarm and locksmiths and comply with the statutes, rules, & regulations of the committee. If not, then the bond shall be activated and payment up to $10,000. to the claimant.
The bond will be effective when issued by our office, and will expire when the license period ends. We are currently issuing bonds for the renewal period effective February 1, 2017 to January 31, 2020. Cost of the bond is $75. for the three year term.
- Contractors who are renewing the bond will retain the bond for future reference but must insert the bond number, name of bonding company, in the online renewal application for the Alarm Board
- Bonds are processed and mailed within three (3) business days by an employee of FRANCHINO INSURANCE, not a computer.
- Within 1-2 business days of your submission of the bond, we will email you the bond number, and appropriate information that you will need to complete your online renewal with the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs – Alarm Board.
- Bond numbers will NOT be given out over the phone. Bonds cannot be faxed because they have a seal on it identifying it as original.
- This agency issues a new bond number for every renewal cycle. You cannot use your existing bond number for the online license renewal. Wait for your new bond number.
- This agency has been issuing New Jersey license bonds for over 35 years. We are quick and efficient!
PURCHASE A BOND
PURCHASE ONLINE WEBSITE FORM and PAY BY CREDIT or DEBIT CARD
PURCHASE A BOND BY MAIL Print out the application and mail to us.
Go to our NJ ALARM CONTRACTOR BUSINESS page for other insurance information.